Slow-Cooker Jambalaya-Stuffed Peppers
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 large bell peppers (1 each green, red and yellow)
- 7 ounces (1/2 of 14-ounce package) OSCAR MAYER Turkey Smoked Sausage, cut lengthwise into quarters, then chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut tops off peppers; reserve tops for another use, or discard along with
the pepper membranes and seeds.
- Combine sausage, beans, salsa, rice and seasoning; spoon into pepper shells.
Stand in slow cooker; cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours).
- Sprinkle with parsley. Cut in half.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 6 hr 15 min | 6 servings
For milder flavor, use TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa. Or for more
heat, prepare using TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Medium Salsa.
How to Use Removed Pepper Tops: Chop removed pepper tops, then refrigerate until
ready to use to prepare your favorite salad, omelet, casserole or meatloaf recipe.
Nutritional Information Serving Size 6 servings Amount per Serving: Calories
% Daily Value Total fat 3.5g Saturated fat 1g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 840mg
Carbohydrate 27g Dietary fiber 4g Sugars 5g Protein 9g
Vitamin A 20% DV Vitamin C 70% DV Calcium 4% DV Iron 10% DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Kitchens - kraftrecipes.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes