Spicy Seafood and Sausage Stew
Serve up all the spicy flavors of New Orleans with this hearty seafood and sausage
stew. This dish is gluten-free and is loaded with antioxidants.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes with Onion and Garlic
- 1 (11.5 ounce) can Snap-E-Tom™ Tomato and Chile Cocktail
- 4 ounces fully cooked sausage links, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup sliced okra or 1/2 package (10 ounces)
- frozen cut okra, thawed
- 8 ounces uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- (Optional) hot cooked rice
- (Optional) pepper
- Combine undrained tomatoes, tomato cocktail, sausage and okra in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 25 min | Serves: 4
Recipe and photo credit: Del Monte Foods