Stir-Fried Cajun Pork
There are many types of seasoning mixes or create your own to suit your family's tastes. Serve with warmed tortillas and grilled fresh pineapple rings.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into julienne strips
- 4 tablespoons Cajun-style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tart green apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Season pork strips with 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning. Toss remaining ingredients
EXCEPT OIL with 2 tablespoons seasoning, reserve.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork for 2 minutes;
add reserved mixture, cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
- Cajun-Style Seasoning: Mix all ingredients together well.
- Store in an airtight container.
Prep Time 10 min | Cook Time 5 min
Serves 4 | 1/2 cup Cajun-Style Seasoning
Nutritional Information: Calories: 262 calories Protein: 23 grams Fat: 13
grams Sodium: 1454 milligrams Cholesterol: 55 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com