Sweet & Spicy Cajun Wings
In Louisiana, wings are a big deal. We love our wings and we love our seasonings
– so we put them together. Introducing Slap Ya Mama’s Sweet & Spicy Cajun Wings
complete with our very own original and hot blend seasoning and Slap Ya Mama Hot
Pepper Sauce for extra flavor. You haven’t tried real Cajun wings until you’ve tried
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 ounces Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken wings with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning to taste.
Arrange wings on a cooling rack that can be placed inside a baking sheet. If
you don’t have a cooling rack, simply place the wings on the baking sheet. Bake
for 30 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, you can make the wing sauce. In a medium saucepan
over medium-low heat, combine butter, honey, Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce and Slap
Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning. Mix well and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Place baked wings in a large bowl, pour sauce over wings and mix well, coating
the wings with sauce.
- Serve with carrots and celery stalks and enjoy!
Yield: about 20 wings
Recipe and photo credit: SlapYaMama.com