Ti Gateau Sec (Tea Cakes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add
the eggs and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the creamed mixture. Add
the milk and vanilla extract.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness on a floured surface. Using a
small cookie cutter, cut out the cookies.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen