Uptown Red Beans and Rice
This New Orleans style dish is a Monday night tradition in Louisiana. And the
addition of smoked turkey sausage makes it even more robust.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Red Beans and Rice
- 3 1/4 cups water
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add sausage; brown on both
- Stir in Rice Mix and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and
simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in green onions.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Yield: 5 (1-cup) servings
Recipe and photo credit: Zatarain's