This is a staple of the Cheyenne Indians.
- 1 quart milk or water
- 2 cups yellow or white cornmeal
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir in
cornmeal and cook, stirring, for a few minutes until thickened. Beat in egg yolks,
butter and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks. Fold whites
into corn mixture and pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes,
until puffed and golden brown on top.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.