This is a staple of the Cheyenne Indians.
- 1 quart milk or water
- 2 cups yellow or white cornmeal
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir in
cornmeal and cook, stirring, for a few minutes until thickened. Beat in egg yolks,
butter and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks. Fold whites
into corn mixture and pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes,
until puffed and golden brown on top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.