Corn Griddle Cakes
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint milk
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir in milk
until mixture is smooth. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drop mixture by large spoonsful onto a hot, greased griddle. When bubbles form
on the top, turn cakes and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 10 to 12 cakes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.