Corn Griddle Cakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint milk
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir in milk
until mixture is smooth. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drop mixture by large spoonsful onto a hot, greased griddle. When bubbles form
on the top, turn cakes and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 10 to 12 cakes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Native American Recipes