Easy Fry Bread
- 1 (16 ounce) package (12) frozen dinner rolls, thawed
- Cooking oil for shallow-fat frying
- Indian taco meat sauce or cinnamon-sugar topping (recipes below)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough ball into a 6-inch circle.
- In a heavy skillet, heat about 1 inch of cooking oil over medium-high heat to
365 degrees F.
- Fry dough circles, one or two at a time, in hot oil about 1 minute or until bread
circles are golden brown, turning once.
- Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven
while frying remaining circles.
- To serve, top with Indian Taco Meat Sauce or Cinnamon-Sugar Topping. Serve immediately.
- Indian Taco Meat Sauce: In a large skillet, cook 2 pounds lean ground beef until
meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in one 16 ounce can refried beans, 1 cup tomato
juice, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or chili
seasoning and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and
simmer 30 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Spoon over warm fry bread. If you like, top with sour cream, shredded cheddar
cheese, shredded lettuce or chopped tomatoes.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topping: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons
ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over warm fry bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.