Easy Fry Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) package (12) frozen dinner rolls, thawed
- Cooking oil for shallow-fat frying
- Indian taco meat sauce or cinnamon-sugar topping (recipes below)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough ball into a 6-inch circle.
- In a heavy skillet, heat about 1 inch of cooking oil over medium-high heat to
365 degrees F.
- Fry dough circles, one or two at a time, in hot oil about 1 minute or until bread
circles are golden brown, turning once.
- Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven
while frying remaining circles.
- To serve, top with Indian Taco Meat Sauce or Cinnamon-Sugar Topping. Serve immediately.
- Indian Taco Meat Sauce: In a large skillet, cook 2 pounds lean ground beef until
meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in one 16 ounce can refried beans, 1 cup tomato
juice, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or chili
seasoning and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and
simmer 30 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Spoon over warm fry bread. If you like, top with sour cream, shredded cheddar
cheese, shredded lettuce or chopped tomatoes.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topping: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons
ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over warm fry bread.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Native American Recipes