Pueblo Green Chile Stew
Pueblo Green Chile Stew is one of our most requested soup recipes. Perfect way
to warm up after a day outside or for watching a football game.
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin or shoulder, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 (12 ounce cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 stalks celery, without leaves, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- In large Dutch oven or deep skillet with lid, brown pork cubes in oil over medium-high
heat until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot; cover and simmer for one hour.
- Serve hot with fresh corn or flour tortillas.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 410 calories; Protein 36 grams; Fat 13 grams; Sodium
990 milligrams; Cholesterol 95 milligrams; Saturated Fat 4 grams; Carbohydrates
36 grams; Fiber 5 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board