As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 cups seasoned chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Lightly sauté the almonds in lard. Place in a blender. Add 2 cups of the chicken
broth and puree until creamy. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven and brown the flour until
it is light brown. Add the almond mixture and cook over medium heat until creamy
and thick, stirring constantly.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary. Add ground cumin and cover. Remove
from heat. The sauce must be the consistency of heavy cream. If it becomes too thick,
thin it with a little reserved chicken broth and cook, stirring, until of the desired
- To use, arrange cooked chicken pieces in a casserole dish, cover with the almond
sauce, and cover. Heat in the oven at 325 degrees F.
- Serve with rice and a crisp salad.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes