Bittersweet Black Bean and Corn Relish
Great served as a dip with banana chips, stuffed in a pita pocket for a vegetarian
sandwich, or as a salad topper for tossed greens.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag black turtle beans
- 4 cups frozen kernel corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2 large, fresh pineapples
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing, any brand
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup pina colada mix
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean blend jerk seasoning
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Clean and cook beans as directed adding salt and pepper to taste. When tender,
rinse under cold water, being careful not to break the beans apart. Refrigerate.
- Thaw corn and mix with black beans. Drain.
- Remove seeds from peppers and dice into small pieces. Skin the pineapples; core
and dice into small pieces. Mix peppers and pineapple with remaining ingredients
separate from bean mixture.
- Fold together with the bean and corn mixture; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 1/2 gallon
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes