This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chilled Shrimp Salsa
- 1 pound small shrimp (popcorn size) or large diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced without skin or seeds
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper (without seeds)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips (garnish)
- Sauté shrimp with 1 teaspoon butter. When cooked about half-way through, add
lemon and lime juices and finish cooking shrimp fully. (To serve chilled, cool the
cooked shrimp and citrus juice mixture in the refrigerator.)
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients together.
- Add shrimp to all other ingredients and garnish with tortilla chips.
- Serve in a margarita glass, if desired.