This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Famous Florida! Fresh Key Lime Salsa
You can use habanero peppers instead of jalapeno, but be sure to remove the
seeds and only use half of the pepper.
- 4 medium very ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper*, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Juice of 2 Key limes or 1 small lime
- In a medium size glass bowl mix together the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cilantro,
onion, sugar and salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Add the juice; cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours before serving.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.