Famous Florida! Fresh Key Lime Salsa
You can use habanero peppers instead of jalapeno, but be sure to remove the
seeds and only use half of the pepper.
- 4 medium very ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper*, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Juice of 2 Key limes or 1 small lime
- In a medium size glass bowl mix together the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cilantro,
onion, sugar and salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Add the juice; cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours before serving.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.