Jack Daniel's Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57 sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons water)
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Combine first eight ingredients in saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium
- Slowly add cornstarch/water mixture until well blended. Stirring constantly,
bring to a boil. Continue to boil one minute until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce to glaze shrimp.
- Keep remaining sauce warm.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.
Source: George Beaird - Opryland Culinary Institute - Jack Daniel's Web Site