Margarita Vidalia Onion Salsa Verde
- 10 small tomatillos, diced
- 2 cups diced Vidalia onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and season to taste, adding more sugar if too acidic.
- Serve with grilled meats such as chicken or pork, or serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings.
Best made ahead to allow flavors to develop.
Per serving: 64 calories; 0.6 g fat (0.1 g saturated fat; 8 percent calories
from fat); 12.1 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 391 mg sodium; 1.2 g protein;
2 g fiber
Source: Vidalia Onion Committee