- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 pound butter
- In a heavy nonreactive saucepan place the vinegar, tarragon, shallots, salt and
pepper. Bring to a boil and cook down until moisture almost disappears.
- Add water and egg yolks and stir briskly with a wire whisk over low heat until the sauce has
thickened to the consistency of mayonnaise.
- In another saucepan, melt butter.
- Cool butter to the touch and slowly, in a thin stream, add to the yolk mixture.
Sauce should be warm, not hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes