Sourdough Bran Bread
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole bran cereal
- 2 cups whole
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Place sourdough starter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add powdered milk, egg, butter
- Add cereal and whole wheat flour. Mix well by hand.
- Add enough all-purpose
flour until dough cleans the side of the bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface
and knead for 2 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once.
- Cover with a cloth.
Set in warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down. Shape into loaf and place into greased loaf pan.
- Cover with cloth
and let rise in warm place, free from draft, for 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for
30 to 40 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.