Sourdough Bran Bread
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole bran cereal
- 2 cups whole
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place sourdough starter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add powdered milk, egg, butter
- Add cereal and whole wheat flour. Mix well by hand.
- Add enough all-purpose
flour until dough cleans the side of the bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface
and knead for 2 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once.
- Cover with a cloth.
Set in warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down. Shape into loaf and place into greased loaf pan.
- Cover with cloth
and let rise in warm place, free from draft, for 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for
30 to 40 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sourdough Recipes