Sourdough Fresh Fruit Cobbler
- 2/3 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 to 4 cups fresh fruit with juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil for 1 minute
- Fold in 1 cup of fruit.
- Slowly fold in the remaining fruit.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart or 8-inch baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Measure 1 cup flour by dip method.
- Stir in sugar, baking powder and salt.
in butter until mixture looks like meal.
- Stir in milk and sourdough starter.
a dash of cinnamon.
- Pour over or drop by spoonsful over the hot fruit.
- Bake for 25 -
- Serve warm with fresh cream or whipped cream.