The lime juice "cooks" the scallops in this simple hot-weather favorite.
You may substitute 1/2 pound of your favorite saltwater fish for the scallops.
- 1/2 pound scallops
- Juice of 3 to 4 Mexican limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tomatillos, cleaned and chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Marinate the scallops in a shallow nonreactive bowl in lime juice for several
hours until they turn opaque.
- Gently drain, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Serve in small bowls with crackers on the side.
Yield: 4 small servings
Other Southwestern appetizer recipes you may like...
Shredded Pork Taquitos
Stinging Scorpion Guacamole