Colorful Mexican Carne
Prep and cook: 30 min | Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (1 3/4 to 2 1/2 pound) package fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- 1 (16 ounce) jar prepared taco sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed red, yellow and green bell pepper strips, defrosted
- 4-6 packaged tortilla bowls
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove beef pot roast from package.
- Measure 3/4 cup gravy; place in Dutch oven. (Discard any remaining gravy.)
- Stir in taco sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Cut pot roast into 1/2 inch pieces. Add beef, beans and bell peppers to Dutch oven. Heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla bowls on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add cilantro to beef mixture.
- Serve in tortilla bowls.
Cook's Tip: Pre-baked tortilla bowls are usually found in the ethnic food section of the supermarket. If not available, serve over tortilla chips.