Colorful Mexican Carne
- 1 (1 3/4 to 2 1/2 pound) package fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- 1 (16 ounce) jar prepared taco sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed red, yellow and green bell pepper strips, defrosted
packaged tortilla bowls
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove beef pot roast from package.
- Measure 3/4 cup gravy; place in Dutch oven. (Discard any remaining gravy.)
- Stir in taco sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes
or until thickened.
- Cut pot roast into 1/2-inch pieces. Add beef, beans and bell peppers to Dutch
oven. Heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla bowls on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add cilantro to beef mixture.
- Serve in tortilla bowls.
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Cook's Tip: Pre-baked tortilla bowls are usually found in the ethnic food section
of the supermarket. If not available, serve over tortilla chips.
Reprinted with permission from
the Washington State Beef Commission.
Other Southwestern beef and pork recipes you may like...
Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Punkin Center Green Chile Chuck
Mexican Pot Roast Filling