This is delicious served with canned hominy, drained, sautéed in a little butter
and heated through with some sour cream. Garnish hominy with chopped fresh cilantro.
- 4 boneless pork blade steaks, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Mexican lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Place pork and onions in a self-sealing plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork; seal bag and refrigerate for
2 to 4 hours.
- Lift pork steaks from marinade, brushing off onions.
- Broil or grill over hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Heat onions and marinade to boiling.
- Serve onions with pork steaks and warmed tortillas.
Yield: 4 servings