- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix flour cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt
and anise seed.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, water, oil, eggs and vanilla extract
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until
dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Spoon batter in 14 equal mounds on greased baking sheets, spacing
mounds 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until biscuits
are firm to the touch and lightly browned (about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.