Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Fry Bread
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup pureed sweet potatoes or pumpkin, fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Put the flour and sugar in a large bowl and add pureed sweet potatoes or pumpkin
a little at a time. Blend together well and knead until the dough is soft and elastic,
- Cut the dough into 4 to 6 pieces and flatten on your palms until 1/4 to 1/2 inch
thick and approximately 4 inches in diameter.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy skillet, add the dough pieces, and fry until
puffed and golden brown on each side, turning once.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with butter and syrup.
- Or, make smaller sizes, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve for dessert or snacks.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.