Burritos el Grande
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Refried Beans, warmed
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium heat; drain.
- Add salsa and peppers; mix well. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Spread beans down centers of tortillas; top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up burrito style.
- Serve with sour cream.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Makes: 6 servings
Variation: Prepare using lean ground beef or turkey and BREAKSTONE'S Reduced
Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
Keeping It Safe: Place ground beef in the coldest part of the refrigerator. Often,
this is at the back of the refrigerator on one of the lower shelves. Ground beef
should be used within 1 to 2 days after purchase, or freeze after wrapping tightly.
Be sure to re-wrap the meat if the original package is damaged or destroyed. When
thawing, place on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator to prevent drippings from
cross-contaminating other foods.
Heat the refried beans in the microwave while the meat mixture is cooking.
Reprinted with permission from
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com. TACO BELL®
and HOME ORIGINALS® are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp.
Other Southwestern burro and burrito recipes you may like...
Baked Steak Burritos
Chicken Burrito Skillet