- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce)
can green chili salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 (14
1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (17 ounce) can refried beans
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 dozen large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Longhorn
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the beef in a skillet, crumbling with a fork as it cooks. Drain off the
- Add onion, green chile salsa, chiles, tomatoes and beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir mixture for 5 minutes or until most of the moisture has cooked
- Place tortillas on center rack of the oven and heat until just hot, not crisp
- Remove one at a time to plates and quickly place some meat mixture in the center
of each one.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the cheese and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Roll tortillas around filling and serve immediately.
The burritos may be cooled, wrapped in foil, and refrigerated or frozen for later
Other Southwestern burro and burrito recipes you may like...
Baked Steak Burritos
Chicken Burrito Skillet