Get Up and Go Beef Burritos
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium spinach or flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/2 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar
- Toppings: Fat free dairy sour cream, additional prepared thick-and-chunky
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- Combine beef strips and Mexican seasoning in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until
- Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is
no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining beef.
- Season with salt, as desired; keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet using paper towels, if necessary.
- Combine whole eggs, egg whites and water in small bowl.
- Spray same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until scrambled and just set.
- Layer 1/4 of beef on each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border on right and left
sides; top with 2 tablespoons salsa, 1/4 of eggs and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over
filling and roll up tightly.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.
Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
The Beef Checkoff.