- Flour Tortillas (see below)
- Refried beans
- Chili Verde (see below)
- Mozzarella cheese and/or Cheddar cheese and/or Monterey jack cheese, all grated
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 cups diced, roasted and peeled Anaheim peppers or 1 (28 ounce) can whole green chiles, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds diced lean pork or diced lean or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Burritos: Heat flour tortilla on grill about 10 seconds; turn and heat another 10 seconds
- Add about 3/4 cup refried beans; roll. Place on serving plate. Top with Chili
Verde and generous amounts of cheeses, using as desired.
- Zap in the microwave until cheese is melted.
- Flour Tortillas: Mix flour, baking soda, salt and shortening with hands until
thoroughly combined. Add enough warm water to make a manageable dough (easy to roll).
Pinch off pieces of dough about the size of a biscuit. Roll into a circle about
- Put on heated 300 degrees F grill for about 6 seconds; turn and cook another 8
seconds. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Tortillas may be frozen. Stack between sheets of waxed paper.
- Chili Verde: Roast Anaheim peppers in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes;
turn and roast an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. (The peppers may
be frozen at this point.)
- To peel roasted Anaheim chiles, steam a few minutes; cool as needed, then peel
and dice. Add 2 cups water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook pork (or beef) in melted shortening until browned and
- Add flour, garlic salt and pepper, blending well.
- Add Anaheim pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and simmer for 10
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.