Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos
- 1 chuck roast
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 beef bullion cubes
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 packet burrito seasoning mix*
* Or use your own Burrito Seasoning.
- 3 cans enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Meat: Place meat in a slow cooker. Pour in beef broth with 3 beef bouillon
cubes placed around, then sprinkle the burrito seasoning all over the meat along
with ancho chile powder, place butter on top and cook on low until meat is
tender - about 6-7 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, shred and place in a bowl.
- Sauce: Strain the juice from the crockpot into a pan. Add enchilada
sauce and flour. Cook over medium-high heat until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add enough of this sauce to the bowl with shredded beef enough to coat
it really well.
- Assembly: Heat 5 (10-inch) flour tortillas in a microwave or oven until
- Add some meat mixture and roll up.
- Add enough sauce to coat the bottom of the baking dish. Place burritos
seam-side down. Add more sauce over the burritos and cover with a lot of
cheddar cheese or your favorite blend of cheese. Cover with foil and place
in oven at 350 degrees F until cheese is melted.
- Add sauce to your plate. Add burrito and serve with rice, beans,
shredded lettuce, sour cream or anything you desire.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.