Banana Tres Leches Cake
Tres Leches cake is the Hispanic-influenced dessert showing up on restaurant
dessert menus. Soaked in three sweet milks, this version boasts using a foolproof
Betty Crocker® cake mix to make it easy.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup (from 14 ounce can) coconut milk (not
cream of coconut)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped
fluffy white frosting
- Banana slices and/or toasted coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom
only of 13 x 9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric
mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally
to reduce sticking.
- In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream.
Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight
until mixture is absorbed into cake.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Garnish each serving with banana slices and/or toasted coconut, if desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Special Touch: Sprinkle your favorite toasted
nuts over the top of the cake.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 180); Total
Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 290mg; Total
Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 41g); Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from