- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green chile pepper seeded and chopped, or 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 small to medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small to medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) tube prepared polenta
- 2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves or flat leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, corn,
garlic and chiles. Sauté for 3 minutes, then add zucchini and yellow squash and
onions. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder; cook 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes and heat through. Transfer to baking dish.
- Cut 1 tube of polenta in 1/2-inch slices lengthwise.
- Top vegetables with polenta and cheese.
- Place in hot oven to melt cheese and warm polenta, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
Yield: 6 servings