- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with vegetable cooking
- Tear half the tortillas into bite-size pieces and spread evenly into prepared
casserole. Distribute half the chiles and half the cheese over the layer of tortillas.
Spread, sprinkle, or place any desired topping over cheese. Tear remaining tortillas
and spread over top. Follow with remaining chiles and cheese.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer at low speed, beat buttermilk, eggs, salt and
pepper. Slowly pour over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread