- 3 cups of your favorite chili
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted green chiles, New Mexican
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 recipe cornbread batter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet and place it in
the oven to heat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the chili, green chiles and sour cream until
the sour cream melts. Reserve the mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and pour the cornbread batter into it. Top
the cornbread batter with the chili mixture.
- Return the skillet to the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes, until the cornbread
has risen up through the chili and browned on top.