As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups of your favorite chili
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted green chiles, New Mexican or Poblano
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 recipe cornbread batter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet and place it in
the oven to heat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the chili, green chiles and sour cream until
the sour cream melts. Reserve the mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and pour the cornbread batter into it. Top
the cornbread batter with the chili mixture.
- Return the skillet to the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes, until the cornbread
has risen up through the chili and browned on top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Casserole Recipes