- 3 cups of your favorite chili
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted green chiles, New Mexican
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 recipe cornbread batter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet and place it in
the oven to heat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the chili, green chiles and sour cream until
the sour cream melts. Reserve the mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and pour the cornbread batter into it. Top
the cornbread batter with the chili mixture.
- Return the skillet to the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes, until the cornbread
has risen up through the chili and browned on top.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread