- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salsa fresca
- 1 package
taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup sliced
ripe olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup diced green chiles
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is
no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in salsa, taco seasoning mix and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
low; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in corn and olives. Spoon into ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Prepare batter for corn muffin mix according to package directions. Stir in cheese
and chiles until smooth; spread over meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until
crust is golden brown.
- Top with additional salsa, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.