Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Corn tortillas, broken
- 26 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cans cream of mushroom
- 2 large roasted Hatch green chiles, seeds and skin removed, or 1 (8 ounce)
can diced green chiles
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 1 can sliced ripe olives
medium onion, chopped
- Oil a 13 x 9-inch pan. Throw a 1/2 inch layer of broken corn tortillas (soft,
uncooked — just as you take them from the plastic package) on the bottom.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. Put 1/2 this mixture over the broken tortillas.
Top with Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded. Repeat these 3 layers
again, starting with broken tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
You may substitute whole wheat noodles for the corn tortillas.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread