Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Corn tortillas, broken
- 26 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large roasted Hatch green chiles, seeds and skin removed, or 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 1 can sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Oil a 13 x 9-inch pan. Throw a 1/2 inch layer of broken corn tortillas (soft,
uncooked — just as you take them from the plastic package) on the bottom.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. Put 1/2 this mixture over the broken tortillas.
Top with Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded. Repeat these 3 layers
again, starting with broken tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
You may substitute whole wheat noodles for the corn tortillas.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Casserole Recipes