- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 5 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried
beans with green chiles, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa,
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Cilantro sprigs, optional
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, water, chili powder and cumin until well
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Pour in egg mixture. Cover
and cook over low heat until eggs are almost set, about 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla in bottom of lightly greased 9 or 10-inch springform pan. Spread
with 1/2 of the beans and 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Top with another tortilla,
ricotta cheese, and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Top with another tortilla, the reserved
cooked egg and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Top with another tortilla, the remaining beans,
the zucchini, and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining tortilla.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining salsa and Cheddar cheese. Bake 10 minutes
more. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove rim of pan and cut into wedges to serve. Garnish with cilantro sprigs,
Reprinted with permission from
American Egg Board.