New Mexico Chili con Carne
- 1 pound lean beef, coarsely ground
- 1 pound pork, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup olive or peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, run through a food processor
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 quart cooked pinto or kidney beans (optional)
- Brown meat in hot oil in a large pot. Add onions and garlic
- Then add all other ingredients and three or more
cups of water. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender.
Chili con Carne with Frijoles: Add the quart of cooked beans.
Chili con Queso: Stir in shredded Cheddar cheese or canned cheese sauce with
Other Southwestern chili recipes you may like...
Tucson Mission Chili
Southwestern Smoked Maine Lobster Chili
Chili Queen Chili
Chile Verde de Puerco