Tortilla Chicken Chili
The addition of tortilla chips gives this chicken chili a traditional cornmeal
flavor that is almost like eating a chicken enchilada. It's not only easy to
make but it's ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
package McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 to 16 ounces) can kidney, white or pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounces)
can Mexican-style corn or whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups
broken tortilla chips (bite-size pieces)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream
and chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat lightly oiled large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook
and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, beans, corn, water and tortilla chips; bring
to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.
If a thinner chili consistency is desired, stir in an additional 1/2 cup water.
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 240 Sodium: 800 mg Fat: 4
g Carbohydrates: 30 g Cholesterol: 34 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 21 g
Reprinted with permission from