Looking for some Mexican-inspired menu fare? Check out this crispy main dish
that's easy, cheesy and better than your abuela's.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas
- 6 ounces VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 8 slices
- 2 cups oil
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add onions, garlic, oregano
and pepper; mix well. Cook until onions are tender, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Place 1/4 cup meat mixture onto center of each tortilla; top with VELVEETA. Fold
in all sides of tortillas to completely enclose filling; secure with wooden toothpicks.
Place in single layer on baking sheet; cover.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add tortilla pouches, 2 at a
time; cook 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain. Remove toothpicks.
- Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro.
Prep Time: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings, 2 pouches each
Variation: Save 110 calories and 14 g total fat per serving by substituting 1
pound potatoes, cooked and cubed, for the browned ground beef and by using VELVEETA
Made With 2% Milk Reduced Fat Pasteurized Prepared Process Cheese Product and BREAKSTONE'S
Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream. To prepare, cook and stir onions with seasonings
in large skillet 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add potatoes; cook 3 to 5 minutes
or until potatoes are heated through, stirring frequently. Spoon onto tortillas
and continue as directed.
Thawing Ground Beef Safely: To thaw ground beef safely, keep the meat wrapped
and thaw it in the refrigerator - not on the countertop. Store on the bottom shelf
of the refrigerator to prevent any drippings from cross-contaminating other foods.
Use thawed meat within 2 days.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com. TACO BELL®
and HOME ORIGINALS® are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Chimichanga Recipes