Refried Bean Chimichangas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons lard or vegetable oil
- 4 cups refried beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups grated Chihuahua or mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 8 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Fresh salsa
- Heat lard or oil in heavy pan large enough to hold beans. Spoon beans in with a little water to stir easily, but not too thin.
Beans must be thick.
- Stir in cheese and cook until melted through beans. Add green chiles.
- Place tortillas, warmed in oven so they fold easily without cracking, on counter top. Center 1/2 cup of beans on each. Fold top and bottom edges in, roll over, and tuck ends in.
- Heat oil and fry chimichangas until speckled.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with lettuce or cabbage and salsa.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Chimichanga Recipes