- 1 tablespoon ground roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder blend
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Pat the rub thickly over the meat
you are going to smoke. Cover and let stand at room temperature
for at least 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 24 hours before grilling.
This makes enough for about 5 pounds of meat.
Other Southwestern condiment and seasoning recipes you may like...
Firehouse Chili Powder
Santa Fe Mexican Marinade
Chipotles en Adobo