Chocolate Caliente Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet
Chocolate Chunks, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon (pinch)
ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Microwave 1 cup chunks in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH
(100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Chunks may retain some of their original shape.
If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just
until chunks are melted.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper in small
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add melted chocolate; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with foil.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but
- Immediately place remaining chunks, about 5 to 6 chunks per cookie, onto
tops of cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.
Allow chunks to soften and spread melted chocolate evenly over tops of cookies.
Yield: 20 to 22 cookies
For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute three 4-ounce bars of NESTLÉ® TOLL
HOUSE® CHOCOLATIER 53% Cacao Dark or 62% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chocolate, broken
into pieces, for the semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
Nutritional information: Calories: 220 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat:
11 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 90 mg Carbohydrates: 30 g Dietary
Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 22 g Protein: 3 g
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.