Caramel Apple Empanadas
- 1 (36-count) package frozen roll dough, defrosted according to package directions
- 10 caramel candies, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups peeled, chopped apples, peeled
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine caramel pieces and flour. Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice;
- Place dough for one roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons apple mixture onto lower half; brush edges with milk.
Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush each
empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake empanadas for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.