Caramel Apple Empanadas
- 1 (36-count) package frozen roll dough, defrosted according to package directions
- 10 caramel candies, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups peeled, chopped apples, peeled
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine caramel pieces and flour. Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice;
- Place dough for one roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons apple mixture onto lower half; brush edges with milk.
Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush each
empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake empanadas for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.