Cinnamon Custard (Jericalla)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- In a saucepan combine sugar and cinnamon with milk; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat, cool slightly and cover. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- After chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Reheat the milk mixture in a saucepan to a scald and remove cinnamon stick.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, then add milk mixture slowly, beating as you pour.
- Divide mixture among 4 custard cups and sprinkle tops lightly with
cinnamon. Set cups in a baking pan and add hot water to the pan
to reach about to the middle of the dishes. Bake for about 30 minutes
or until custard is set.
- Chill or serve warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.