Baked Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook the onions
and bell peppers until translucent and softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir; let cook, stirring occasionally, about 5
- Add the chicken broth and salt and cook until the sauce
- Stir in the sour cream. Remove from the heat and add the
chicken and cheese, stirring until combined.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking pan with
- Place a bit of the mixture in a tortilla and roll up. Place, seam
side down, in a baking pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
Other Southwestern enchilada recipes you may like...
Chicken and Sour Cream Enchiladas
Lazy Pork Enchiladas with Red Sauce
San Antonio River Walk Enchiladas
Tex Mex Truckstop Enchiladas