Baked Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook the onions
and bell peppers until translucent and softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir; let cook, stirring occasionally, about 5
- Add the chicken broth and salt and cook until the sauce
- Stir in the sour cream. Remove from the heat and add the
chicken and cheese, stirring until combined.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking pan with
- Place a bit of the mixture in a tortilla and roll up. Place, seam
side down, in a baking pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes