- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Sauté jalapeno pepper, scallions and zucchini in butter over
medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mash kidney beans. Layer beans, zucchini mixture and mozzarella
cheese on flour tortillas, dividing equally; roll up. Place,
seam side down, in 2 baking dishes.
- Combine enchilada sauce and tomato sauce; pour on top.
covered, at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes