- Vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- Hot sauce
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- Shredded lettuce, for garnish
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a small heavy skillet until it just begins
to smoke. Using kitchen tongs soften the tortillas for a second
or two. Remove tortillas to a paper towel to drain.
- Pass the tortillas through the sauce to coat them lightly. Place
about 1 ounce of cheese on each tortilla, wrap loosely, and place
3 on each of 4 ovenproof serving plates. Top the enchiladas with
more cheese and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until the
cheese is melted.
- Serve with refried beans rice, and a garnish of shredded lettuce
and chopped tomatoes.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes