- Vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- Hot sauce
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- Shredded lettuce, for garnish
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a small heavy skillet until it just begins to smoke. Using kitchen tongs soften the tortillas for a second or two. Remove tortillas to a paper towel to drain.
- Pass the tortillas through the sauce to coat them lightly. Place about 1 ounce of cheese on each tortilla, wrap loosely, and place 3 on each of 4 ovenproof serving plates. Top the enchiladas with more cheese and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with refried beans rice, and a garnish of shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.