Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 (18.5 ounce) can Progresso Carb Monitor™ chicken cheese enchilada-style soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso hot or mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together soup and enchilada sauce. Spread 1 cup soup mixture in ungreased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup soup mixture with chicken and 1 cup of the cheese; reserve remaining soup mixture.
- On microwavable plate, stack tortillas and cover with paper towel; heat on HIGH for 1 minute to soften. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture along middle of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish with sauce.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges.
- Offer chopped lettuce, avocado slices or chopped fresh cilantro for extra toppers.
Yield: 5 servings (2 enchiladas each)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1050mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 34g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 45%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: