Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 (18.5 ounce) can Progresso Carb Monitor™ chicken cheese enchilada-style soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso hot or mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together soup and enchilada sauce. Spread 1 cup soup mixture
in ungreased 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup soup mixture with chicken and 1 cup of the cheese; reserve
remaining soup mixture.
- On microwavable plate, stack tortillas and cover with paper towel; heat on High
1 minute to soften. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture along middle of each tortilla.
Roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish with sauce.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around
- Offer chopped lettuce, avocado slices or chopped fresh cilantro for extra toppers.
Yield: 5 servings (2 enchiladas each)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 240); Total
Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1050mg; Total
Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 34g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 45%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2
Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills.