This is really a good recipe. I have never had a recipe for this, but my family just absolutely loves it and begs me to make it all
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 2 bricks cream cheese
- 2 cans green enchilada sauce (El Paso brand or any other brand)
- 30 corn tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Boil chicken for one hour or until chicken falls off the bone.
- While chicken is boiling, dice onion and mash into cream cheese until blended smoothly. Add about 3/4 can green enchilada sauce and blend that into the cream cheese mixture. Then grate both cheeses and mix them together.
- After you get the meat off the chicken, mix this into the cream cheese mixture.
- Set oven at 350 degrees F.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a skillet and get it hot enough that water makes it sizzle. Then add one or two tortillas in for about three to five seconds flipping them once. After this is done, fill the tortillas with the cream cheese mixture and then roll them up with the seam down in a 9 x 13-inch pan, then pour the remaining 1 1/4 cans enchilada sauce over the tortillas and spread all over. Top with the Monterey jack and Cheddar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Submitted to recipegoldmine.com by Mindy Spatz 9/10/03.