Chicken and Olive Enchiladas
- 1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (3.8
ounce) can Lindsay® Sliced Ripe Olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions or chopped cilantro
- 8 (6 to 7-inch) flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream,
diced avocado and/or chopped tomato
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine salsa and enchilada sauce; transfer 1/2 cup of the mixture to a large
bowl. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the olives for garnish. Add remaining olives, chicken
and green onions to bowl; toss with salsa mixture. Spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of the
chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in a
greased 11 x 7-inch baking pan. Spoon remaining salsa mixture evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover with foil; bake 25 minutes or until hot. Uncover; sprinkle cheese over
- Return to oven; bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with reserved olives and toppings as desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Per Serving: Calories: 515 Calories from fat: 228 Total fat: 25g Monounsaturated
fat: 8g Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 738mg Total Carbohydrates: 41g Dietary Fiber:
3g Protein: 32g
Reprinted with permission from